- Addressing national and international issues on strategic, political, economic and social issues related to Somalia, Yemen and the Horn of Africa region.
- Adapting pertinent scientific and rational methodology in researching and thinking, far from traditional scholastic approaches.
- Encouraging local and international researchers, thinkers and analysts in carrying research on issues affecting Somalia and the region.
- Revising the imposed western theories and concepts on Somali and African societies envisage suitable conceptual frameworks.
- Capitalizing all capacities available to contribute knowledge accumulation on Somalia, Yemen and the region.
- Supporting studies and activities that my improve education, security, socio-economic and cultural issues currently facing Somalia and the region.